"Participants in the 11 to 14 year old age group are trained to become peer leaders for 6 to 10 year olds" -Mary Ann Ginger
Welcome to Girls on the Run of Sarasota County – a life-changing, non-profit prevention program for girls in the 3rd through 8th grade. The mission of Girls on the Run is "to educate and prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living."
Girls on the Run combines training for a 5K (3.1 miles) running event with healthy living education. Our programs instill self-esteem through health education, life skills development, mentoring relationships, and physical training - all of which are accomplished through an active collaboration with girls and their parents, schools, volunteers, staff, and the community.
The next Girls on the Run programs will run February-April 2013 at the following locations. Contact Dawn Wiley at (941) 366-6646 or email@example.com to register or for more information.
- Venice Elementary
- Phillippi Shores Elementary
- Imagine Elementary North Port
- Bay Haven Elementary
- Gocio Elementary
- Pine View School (3rd/4th/5th)
- Laurel Nokomis School (for 5th/6th)
- Student Leadership Academy (for 6th/7th/8th)
You can support Girls on the Run of Sarasota County.
- Become a SoleMates runner, the charity running leg of Girls on the Run.
- Sponsor a girl.
- Participate in the spring Girls on the Run 5K on Saturday, May 4 at 8am at Nathan Benderson Park. Click here to register. We are excited to be a part of Sarasota Storm's FIT weekend. Visit their website for information on the triathlon and stand up paddle board events.
- Shop for Girls On The Run merchandise and apparel on the Girls on the Run International website. Be sure to use the promotion code 237.
Thanks to our national program sponsors:
Thanks to our national 5K sponsors:
Thanks to our national SoleMates sponsors:
Thanks to our local sponsors:
back to programs