Baked Ziti Recipe
January 27, 2012
1-pound ziti or penne pasta
1-pound ricotta cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1-2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
½ cup Parmesan cheese
1 large jar pasta sauce (Can use red or white sauce.)
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and pour in the pasta. Stir often so pasta does not stick together. Cook until al dente.
2) While the pasta cooks, mix together the ricotta, eggs, parsley, garlic, 1-½ cups of the mozzarella, and Parmesan.
3) When the pasta is done, drain and return to the pot.
4) Add the cheese mixture and all but about 1 cup of the sauce to the pasta, and mix together well.
5) Pour pasta mixture in a baking dish.
6) Spread remaining sauce evenly on top of pasta.
7) Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
8) Take dish out of oven.
9) Sprinkle remaining mozzarella evenly over top of pasta.
10) Bake another 15 minutes until cheese has melted.
11) Serve hot.
Option: Add 1 pound cooked or frozen broccoli.
Source: Chef Tricia Dickerson, Tricia’s Home Plate, LLC and Resident Chef for Girls Incorporated of Sarasota, FL
“I watched my mom make this dish when I was child and we always enjoyed it.
I made it often for my son, and he now makes it for his family.
It’s a great family, comfort dish. Enjoy!”