Enabling girls to pursue careers, achieve economic autonomy and integrate a career into their lives as women and as family members.
- Computer Learning Center
- Financial Literacy
- Career Resource / Take our Daughters to Work Days
- Outreach college and career services through Educational Talent Search (E.T.S.)
- She's On the Money®
- Health programs, such as "My Girlfriend Zelda"
- Career programs through Science, Math and Related Technology (S.M.A.R.T)
Enabling girls to conquer life's basic challenges in areas both traditional and non-traditional for women and to function independently and interdependently.
- Operation S.M.A.R.T.®
- Kid-Ability®, a child abuse prevention program
- "Action for Safety", a self-defense program
- Friendly PEERsuasion® Substance Abuse Prevention Program
- Leadership & Community Action ®
- Preventing Adolescent Pregnancy ®
- Media Literacy
- She's On the Money®
A variety of different sports are available at the center and taught to all age groups, however, not all age groups compete.
- Volleyball (ages 6 - 15)
- Tennis (the Center has two tennis courts)
- Swimming (the Center has an Olympic-size pool)
- Steppingstones® (motor skills development - ages 6-8)
- Bridges® (basic sports skills - ages 9-11)
Encouraging girls to appreciate their own and other's heritage, to enjoy diverse forms of creative expression and to recognize the contributions of women to history and culture.
- Cultural Awareness Programs
Enabling girls to develop and maintain healthy bodies, as well as functioning comfortably and responsibly where sexuality is concerned.
- Preventing adolescent pregnancy (PAP)
- Growing Together®
- Will Power / Won't Power®
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- "Friendly PEERsuasion" Substance Abuse Prevention program
- Personal Safety Programs
Enabling girls to exercise personal and collective power and challenging them to contribute to positive change.
- Teen Volunteers
- Junior Leaders
- Community Service Projects, including field trips and center based projects.
- Teens serving as staff interns and role models for younger girls
- Peer leadership education programs
Girls learn to manage money, invest, and begin to develop an appreciation for global economics and develop skills needed to be economically independent.
- She's on the Money!SM for ages 6-8
- Dollars, Sense, and MeSM for ages 9-11
- Equal Earners, Savvy SpendersSMfor ages 12-14
- Futures and OptionsSM for ages 15-18
- Money Talks Family Financial Literacy Works
Girls increase their awareness of the scope and power of the media and the effects of media messages on girls and women and learn to create images that are more realistic and reflective of their lives.
- Media and MeSM for ages 6-8
- Media SmartsSM for ages 9-11
- Girls Take Another LookSM for ages 12-14
- Girls Get the MessageSM for ages 15-18
- Girls Make the MessageSM for ages 15-18
- Learn to analyze the media
- Advocate for change in entertainment, news and advertising
Girls develop enthusiasm for and skills in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Through hands-on activities, girls explore, ask questions, and solve problems.
- Girls Dig It
- Career Action
- Thinking SMART
- Interaction with adults in these career fields
Girls build their leadership skills and create lasting social change through community action projects.
- DiscoverySM for girls ages 9 to 11
- In Our Own HandsSM for girls ages 12 to 14
- Youth As Philanthropists for girls ages 6-14
Girls acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to take charge of and to make informed, thoughtful decisions about their sexual health. Girls learn to identify ways and reasons to avoid early pregnancy.
- Will Power/Won’t PowerSM for girls ages 12-14
- Will Power/Won’t PowerSM is available in Spanish as Querer/Poder decir "no"
- Taking Care of BusinessSM for girls ages 15-18
- Growing TogetherSM for girls ages 9-11 and a caring adult
- Growing TogetherSM is available in Spanish as Crecer juntas
Girls learn to appreciate an active lifestyle as they develop movement and athletic skills, cooperative and competitive spirit, health awareness, and interest in sports and adventure activities.
- SteppingstonesSM for girls ages 6-8
- BridgesSM and for girls ages 9-11
- Girls enCourageSM for girls ages 12-14
- Explore career opportunities related to sports
- Experience the benefits and excitement of taking healthy risks.
Project BOLD® and Friendly PEERsuasion® focus on violence and substance abuse prevention.
- Project BOLD®
- Kid-Ability!SM for girls ages 6-10
- Action for SafetySM for girls ages 9-11
- Friendly PEERsuasion®
- For girls ages 11-14
- Skills to resist pressure to use harmful substances
The MicroSociety model uses an innovative delivery system in which students create and run a miniature society within their afterschool program.
- Snack Shack Restaurant & Boldest Café
- Gift Shop
- Step Up! Special Events
- Science Museum of Natural Fun
- SSBG News Publishing/TV Station
- Theater Fanatics
- Financial & Government Center
Many Girls Inc. programs are offered at school, community and private venues throughout Sarasota County, including Sarasota, Laurel/Nokomis, Venice, North Port and Englewood.
- ETS (Educational Talent Search)
- Girls Circle
- Career Workshops
- Mother-Daughter Workshops
- Making Rounds Healthcare Career Camps
- Girls Summit
- National Identity Programs
- Corporate Camp SM for Entrepreneurs
- All Girls Inc. programs and services are available upon request
A FREE Family literacy program designed to help our families become winners by advancing the adult's English literacy, the child's reading and writing skills, and strengthening the family bonds that foster learning and family involvement.
- Offered September - May
- Tuesdays & Thursday 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Free child care provided
- Girls Inc., 201 South Tuttle Avenue Sarasota, Fl 34237
- Contact Kim Falco at 366-6646 ext. 205