Please contact the Girls Inc. offices for more information.
Address: 201 South Tuttle Avenue, Sarasota, FL 34237
Telephone: (941) 366-6646
Fax: (941) 366-4617
- Marisa Monroe - Director of Program Operations, ext. 222, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie Sullivan - Program Assistant, ext. 201, email@example.com
- Donna Kmetz - Grants Manager, ext. 219, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dawn Wiley - Outreach Coordinator, ext. 202, email@example.com
- Tricia Dickerson - Chef, ext. 214, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Marisa Monroe started with Girls Inc. in 2006 as the Director of Program Operations. She has a Bachelors degree in Education and a Masters degree in History. Ms. Monroe’s experience is extensive as a teacher in the Hillsborough County School System and as an Adjunct Faculty member at Hillsborough Community College, Polk Community College and St. Leo University. She was a Program Director for PACE Center for Girls, a non-residential delinquency prevention program targeting girls 12-18 who are identified as dependent, truant, runaway, ungovernable, delinquent or in need of academic skills improvement. Ms. Monroe supervises all facets of our center-based afterschool, summer and outreach programs which include MicroSociety and the National Girls Incorporated curriculum for science, math and technology profiled in this application.
· Dawn Wiley started with Girls Inc. in 2005 as the Director of Program Operations. Today, she is the Outreach Coordinator responsible for overseeing the components of our off-site programming including many of the activities profiled in this grant application. Dawn also works with girls in our center, serving as the content advisor for WSSB Girl TV. Before coming to Girls Inc., Ms. Wiley was the Community Youth Development Specialist with Sarasota County’s Community Youth Development Project serving over 9,000 middle and high school students over 4 years through a nine-agency collaboration. She has developed and conducted trainings with over 100 middle and high school students, agency staff and adult volunteers on topics that included leadership skills, assessing community needs, service learning, business protocols and youth-adult partnerships. Ms. Wiley also serves as a trainer for the Girls Inc. National Resource Center in Indianapolis. Ms. Wiley holds a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an accounting major and a Master of Arts degree in Religious Education. Dawn has over 10 years experience working with youth in non-profit organizations and community settings. In 2008, Dawn was awarded “National Program Staff of the Year” honors by National Girls Inc. Ms. Wiley’s behavior and attitude, in both her personal and professional life, strongly represent Girls Inc. mission and values.
· Donna Kmetz started withGirls Inc. in 2007. She holds a Bachelors degree in Elementary and Early Childhood Education with a teaching certificate for preschool-8th grade and over 25 years experience. For 7 years, Ms. Kmetz worked for the Sarasota Family YMCA as the Vice President of Educational Outreach and Early Childhood Services overseeing afterschool child care, the subsidized child care program, Child Care Resource & Referral and the Gold Seal Quality Improvement Project. Ms. Kmetz also writes and manages the grants for Girls Inc.
· Instructional Staff: All instructional staff holds a degree in education or a related field that is specific to their teaching assistant such as those staff working in math/science who have obtained a biology degree.
Where are they now?
Girls Inc. Alumna
Nancy is an attorney in Sarasota, Fl. Her motto is "work hard, play hard, be honest and be true to yourself."
Girls Inc. Alumna
Alicia owns her own business, Horizon Title Services. The most exciting thing in her life is her son, Colt and her life motto is "Live Well, Laugh Often, Laugh Much".
Girls Inc. Alumna
Dawnyelle is a Graphic Designer and Girls Inc. staff member. Her motto is "Every day in every way, my life is getting better!"